Sunday, September 19, 2010

BSNL 3G review and speed Test

I have been using BSNL 3G for two weeks now and I must admit that I have become a fan of this service.

Speed:

The upload and download speeds were acceptable compared to the advertised speeds. The speed of the connection highly depends on the network strength, simultaneous number of users connected and any interferences.

While indoor the speeds were around the 1.5 Mbps mark. The video below was recorded on my terrace around 8 PM in the night.

As can be seen the speed is pretty impressive.

Coverage:
The network coverage also is pretty good. I was able to get strong signals even in the outskirts of pondicherry. On the entire stretch from Pondicherry to Chennai there were only a few places without 3G signals. Still you will have the 2.5G EDGE network to fall back in these situations.

No comments: